How to find server address

chrissyboy

I connect to my works mail server through a direct adsl connection an
all works fine. At home i have a wifi setup and the connection take
ages to log on through the wifi setup.

I think reading the messages in other groups that the outlook progra
is struggling to find the server, i think the solution will be to pu
the server ip address and name in the host file, but i dont know wher
i can find the ip address of the server, it department dont want t
know, is there any way to get this information easily when i am logge
on through the direct adsl connection.

Many Thanks
Chri

Robert Findlay [MSFT]

The only way I know of to accomplish this would be to simply ping the
servername and it should return the IP address of the server.
1. Go to Start -> Run.
2. Type in CMD and Click Enter.
3. At the command line type Ping servername and Press Enter.

This should return an IP address of the server. I hope this information is
helpful.

Robert Findlay
Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

--------------------
From: chrissyboy <[email protected]>
Subject: How to find server address
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:23:39 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
I connect to my works mail server through a direct adsl connection and
all works fine. At home i have a wifi setup and the connection takes
ages to log on through the wifi setup.
I think reading the messages in other groups that the outlook program
is struggling to find the server, i think the solution will be to put
the server ip address and name in the host file, but i dont know where
i can find the ip address of the server, it department dont want to
know, is there any way to get this information easily when i am logged
on through the direct adsl connection.