    on through the direct adsl connection.

    Many Thanks
    Chri

    chrissyboy, Jan 17, 2004

  2. The only way I know of to accomplish this would be to simply ping the
    servername and it should return the IP address of the server.
    1. Go to Start -> Run.
    2. Type in CMD and Click Enter.
    3. At the command line type Ping servername and Press Enter.

    This should return an IP address of the server. I hope this information is
    helpful.

    Robert Findlay
    Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup
    Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications

    --------------------
    >From: chrissyboy <>
    >Subject: How to find server address
    >Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:23:39 -0600
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
    phx.gbl

    I connect to my works mail server through a direct adsl connection and
    all works fine. At home i have a wifi setup and the connection takes
    ages to log on through the wifi setup.

    >I think reading the messages in other groups that the outlook program

    is struggling to find the server, i think the solution will be to put
    the server ip address and name in the host file, but i dont know where
    i can find the ip address of the server, it department dont want to
    know, is there any way to get this information easily when i am logged

    Robert Findlay [MSFT], Jan 23, 2004