    I know the UDP port but cannot identify which service is using it

    Thanks
    Sophia

    Guest, Feb 21, 2004

  2. you can try giving fport by foundstone.com a try. outside of that, you
    might want to say which udp port # you are after since some windows services
    use well known port numbers and someone might be able to answer this right
    off the top of their head.

    --
    Neo [MVP Outlook]
    Due to recent events in spam and malicious programs, all e-mails sent to

    "Sophia" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to find out which service is using which UDP port?
    >
    > I am trying to install an application but the installation process keeps

    indicating the

    neo [mvp outlook], Feb 21, 2004

    Thanks for the info. It's port 1645
    I have ensured the IAS is not using it by disable the service and reboot. Bu
    when I tried to reinstall another radius server, it complained. I went ahead to install it anyway

    I donwload the fport (thx!) and found now the svchost.exe and the installed radius server bot
    are using the 1645port. However, it didn't appear that Radius request message is processed
    or received by the radius server still. Any recommendation?

    Thanks
    Sophi

    ----- neo [mvp outlook] wrote: ----

    you can try giving fport by foundstone.com a try. outside of that, yo
    might want to say which udp port # you are after since some windows service
    use well known port numbers and someone might be able to answer this righ
    off the top of their head

    --

    > Is there a way to find out which service is using which UDP port
    >> I am trying to install an application but the installation process keep

    indicating th

    Guest, Feb 21, 2004
  4. If you are not using IAS, why not uninstall it so your other radius server
    can acquire the necessary ports?

    "Sophia" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for the info. It's port 1645.
    > I have ensured the IAS is not using it by disable the service and reboot.

    But
    > when I tried to reinstall another radius server, it complained. I went

    ahead to install it anyway.

    > I donwload the fport (thx!) and found now the svchost.exe and the

    installed radius server both

    neo [mvp outlook], Feb 22, 2004