    keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the Windows key? I
    really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.

    Brian

    Brian Bygland, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Brian Bygland <> wrote:

    >I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key on its
    >keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the Windows key? I
    >really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.

    No, but you could assign a similar keyboard combination (like CTRL +
    ALT + E) to the Windows Explorer shortcut in the Start Menu.

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten Matzner, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Brian Bygland

    Patrick Guest

    Brian Bygland wrote:
    > I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key
    > on its keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the
    > Windows key? I really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.
    >
    > Brian

    Thiere is a combination that does so, but (guess what) I don't know what it
    is (saw it a few days ago).
    I'll see if I can find it !

    Patrick, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Brian Bygland

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > Brian Bygland wrote:
    >> I just acquired a IBM ThinkPad that doesn't have a Windows Logo key
    >> on its keyboard. Is there another key combination that emulates the
    >> Windows key? I really like using Windows+E to open Explorer.
    >>
    >> Brian

    > Thiere is a combination that does so, but (guess what) I don't know
    > what it is (saw it a few days ago).
    > I'll see if I can find it !

    It appears that Ctrl+Esc will emulate the Win-key, but only in so far as to
    open the 'start' menu (no further keys can be combined).

    Patrick, Oct 11, 2003
  5. Brian Bygland

    Gary Tsang Guest

    Hi,

    IBM has a utility called the "Thinkpad Keyboard Customizer Utility", this
    utility allows you to change say the right alt or ctrl key to the Windows
    key, or to the applications key.
    It can be downloaded here.
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docvie...g1MIGR-44185&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&cc=us&lang=en

    The supported ThinkPad models for this utility are:
    The following ThinkPad systems are supporte d:
    - ThinkPad A20m, A20p, A21e, A21m, A21p, A22m, A22p, A22e
    - ThinkPad A30, A30p, A31, A31p
    - ThinkPad G40
    - ThinkPad R30, R31, R32
    - ThinkPad R40, R40e