    editor? There is no way to turn it off inside the
    application.

    Any serious help would be much appreciated.

    Borillar, Sep 19, 2003

  2. Borillar

    John Inzer Guest

    Maybe these links will help you:

    Disable the Default Image Viewer in Windows XP
    http://tinyurl.com/k2ss

    How do I turn off the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer as
    my default image viewer?

    John Inzer
    Picture It! MVP
    return e-mail disabled

    Picture It! Support Center
    http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=pic

    John Inzer, Sep 19, 2003

  3. Borillar

    Borillar Guest

    Hi!

    Thanks for giving me those two URLs. Although I was able
    to disable the automatic viewing functions just fine,
    both sites lacked details on how to disable the Picture
    and Fax Viewer from being the default editor for pictures
    and faxes. You've been very kind to help me out this
    far -- do you have any other places that could tell me
    how to finish the job?

    Sincerely,

    Borillar

    Borillar, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Borillar

    John Inzer Guest

    Since the Picture and Fax Viewer is not an editor
    ....I guess I don't understand the question.

    Maybe if you describe exactly what you wish to
    accomplish someone can answer the question.

    John Inzer, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Borillar

    viola90

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Click on [Start] button which is on the bottom left corner of your computer screen, then find [Run] and type regedit and click OK.
    Then you have to Navigate to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/ SystemFileAssociations/ image/ ShellEx/ ContextMenuHandlers
    Then delete the Folder: ShellImagePreview under the ContextMenuHandlers
    source: http://howiw.com/index.php?title=How_to_Disable_Picture_and_Fax_Viewer

    viola90, Jan 12, 2012