    I have been given the task to find a program that disables internet access to
    a group of machines but allows them to access two specific sites within the
    network to do needed work anyone know of such a program or service?

    Guest, Apr 19, 2006

    Your request is really off topic for this news group which is related to
    Windows Defender Antispyware issues. Sounds as if you need to design and
    create an Intranet. Have you tried Googling Intranets?

    Stu

    Guest, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Presumably, these are XP Pro machines?

    Learn about Group Policy.

    Specifically, in GPEdit.MSC, see:

    User Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, Internet
    communications, "Restrict Internet communication."

    Now--having said all that, I want to admit that I've NEVER used group policy
    for anything, and don't have the vaguest idea what that policy will really
    do for you, or what else you need to do to prevent the users from reversing
    it, etc--but that seems a good starting place to me.

    --

    "Jimmy SYS ADMIN" <Jimmy SYS > wrote in
    message news:...

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 26, 2006
  4. Nah--scratch that--I told you I didn't know anything about this
    stuff--that's useful, but not for what I was thinking!

    However--group policy IS what you want to be looking at--but not that
    particular policy.
    That said, I don't see how to do what you are interested in. You should
    probably be posting in a more general networking-related group:

    You can try here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/...spx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web

    but one related to server-based networking might be a better bet.

    Bill Sanderson MVP, Apr 26, 2006