    (W) 678-494-7863 x-274
    (Fax) (W) 678-494-7865
    http://mywpages.comcast.net/ciaccio8515

    JC Home, Aug 10, 2003

  2. JC Home wrote:
    > Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program with a
    > switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and parameter
    > i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

    Create a new shortcut, then right-click on it, and select "Properties".
    Once in the dialog, select the "Shortcut" tab. Then, in the data entry
    line next to "Target:", enter the fully qualified path name
    (drive:\directory\subdir\filename.ext) of the executable ENCLOSED IN quote
    marks ("), followed by a space, then a forward-slash(/), then the switch
    (without a leading space) (/switch). However, some DOS programs use the (-)
    (minus sign) as the switch indicator, so make sure you check the documents
    for that particular program. Do NOT enclose the switch indicator and switch
    in quote marks.

    While editing the properties for the DOS shortcut, you can adjust memory
    requirements, screen, and any compatibility constraints.

    --
    Donald L McDaniel
    Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

    Donald McDaniel, Aug 10, 2003

  3. JC Home

    JC Home Guest

    Ahhh... that did it - thanks!!

    --
    Jeff Ciaccio
    Dallas, GA
    "Donald McDaniel" <> wrote in message
    > JC Home wrote:
    > > Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program with a
    > > switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and parameter
    > > i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

    > Create a new shortcut, then right-click on it, and select "Properties".
    > Once in the dialog, select the "Shortcut" tab. Then, in the data entry
    > line next to "Target:", enter the fully qualified path name
    > (drive:\directory\subdir\filename.ext) of the executable ENCLOSED IN quote
    > marks ("), followed by a space, then a forward-slash(/), then the switch
    > (without a leading space) (/switch). However, some DOS programs use the

    (-)

    JC Home, Aug 10, 2003
  4. JC Home wrote:
    > Ahhh... that did it - thanks!!
    >
    >> JC Home wrote:
    >>> Can anybody remind me how to create a shortcut to a dos program
    >>> with a switch. I need to specify the directory, program, and
    >>> parameter
    >>> i.e. c>\program files\subdir <program> <switch>

    >> Create a new shortcut, then right-click on it, and select
    >> "Properties". Once in the dialog, select the "Shortcut" tab. Then,
    >> in the data entry line next to "Target:", enter the fully qualified
    >> path name (drive:\directory\subdir\filename.ext) of the executable
    >> ENCLOSED IN quote marks ("), followed by a space, then a
    >> forward-slash(/), then the switch (without a leading space)
    >> (/switch). However, some DOS programs use the (-) (minus sign) as
    >> the switch indicator, so make sure you check the documents for that
    >> particular program. Do NOT enclose the switch indicator and switch
    >> in quote marks.
    >>
    >> While editing the properties for the DOS shortcut, you can adjust
    >> memory requirements, screen, and any compatibility constraints.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Donald L McDaniel
    >> Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

    My pleasure...

    Donald McDaniel, Aug 10, 2003