How to copy formula with one cell constant

Mark

How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

Pete_UK

Put this formula in B2:

=A2*B$1

When you copy this down the $1 will not change.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Stan Brown

Tue, 29 Jan 2008 11:10:05 -0800 from Mark
How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

?? B2 ??

Joined
Jul 14, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
A $ sign before the column or row keeps it constant when pasted / dragged.
You can scroll through the options by pressing F4 when the cell reference is highlighted.
i.e.

$A$2
A$2
$A2
A2

and then the cycle repeats

How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

asad.ahmed.online

How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

GOOD JOB GUYS

ianspringham

How can I copy the formula so that B2 stays constant and only the row changes?

A B C

1 2

2 10 =A2*B1

3 20 =A3*B1

4 30 =A4*B1

Thanks

Very helpful - quickly solved a problem that I had never gotten round to resolving. Thanks, so much!

wabbleknee

Try $B$2