From: "Clever Ann" <Clever Ann>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 10:47 PM
Subject: How to convert editable word doc to editable html in a browser?

I want to use a browser to edit my current (very large) document. It is
formatted using a word template. I can convert to html, but the edit
capable
fields are no longer open for input. If I conver to html keeping the
smartags, the document opens in word. I want the document in the browser -
with edit capable fields in tact.

Do I have to add the edit tags back to the html? Or is there a tool
available that will do this? Or do I need a browser based editor to
replace
word?

I don't want to abandon ship on this idea, but my research is eating up
all
my time. Thanks for any guidence!!

It's best you ABANDON any thought of using Word for creating web pages and
html and move on to tools designed for those methods.
Before you waste any more of your time on dead ends.

http://www.opendocman.com/
or do a google on "Content Managment Systems"