How to configure the Outlook 2007 to sync Pocket Phone

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by Guest, Jun 23, 2006.

    I completely setup Windows Vista 5384, and then connect my HP iPaq 6365, the
    screen of Windows Mobile Device Center appear and inform connected already.
    But my Pocket only sync with Mobile Favorites, Files and Notes. The Contact,
    Calendar and Email didn't sync, because I haven't setup Microsoft Office yet.
    There are informations of Outlook has not been configured.
    Then, I install Microsoft Office, restart my laptop, and go to Windows
    Mobile Device Center to Chang Content Settings for sync the Pocket.
    Unfortunately, the Contact, Calendar and Email also inform Outlook has not
    been configured!!! And I could not to sync them with my Pocket.
    Pls help me!!!
    Thanks!

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...1bf&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

    Guest, Jun 23, 2006

  2. The web-based newsreader you are using has a bug. It gives an error message
    but posts your message anyway. Why don't you try the Vista Mail newsreader
    instead. The Vista groups are already set up. All you need to do is
    subscribe to the ones you like.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 23, 2006

    Angel Massa Guest

    I have exatly the same problem. Searching on the Internet I've found many
    other people with the same problem too. I've not found a solutions yet. May
    be a bug and I hope it gets fixed soon as I want to try my PocketPC with
    Vista.

    Regards,
    Angel.

    Angel Massa, Jun 23, 2006

    Hi!

    Had the same problem. Vista Ultimate HP 6915 WM5, Installed WMDC, it allowed
    me to sync same as you, no contacts, cal nor tasks. I think that the reason
    was that I didn't set up Outlook before I installed WMDC, because when I
    setup Outlook 2007 and turned it off, REMOVED the partership and put it back
    up, it gave me the check boxes, and it syncronized itself as it should. VIOLA
    :)

    Guest, Jul 5, 2007

    It appears this is the solution. If you create a partnership prior to
    setting up outlook, then the choices of mail, notes, calendar, etc. will be
    greyed out and it will say "outlook has not been set up" or something to that
    affect. Using an HTC Tilt and Windows Vista Ultimate, all I did to get it to
    work was delete the partnership in the sync center, quit all programs and
    then make sure outlook is configured and then recreate the partnership.
    Boom... Works.

    Have a nice day.

    Guest, Oct 16, 2007

    I have an HTC Tytn and just did a clean install of Vista Home Premium
    followed by Office 2003. I imported all the data from my old hard drive into
    Outlook 2003, an want to sync the calendar, contacts, and tasks.

    When I set up a new sync, the sync center recognizes my HTC as two devices
    (WM and storage card), by all it lets you do is set up the sync for media
    files - no option to sync the Outlook data. How do I get the choices to
    appear?

    Thanks,
    Gil

    Guest, Nov 7, 2007