    and a total fo 34 slides.
    --
    Karen G

    Karen, Oct 21, 2008

  2. Karen

    TAJ Simmons Guest

    Karen G

    If you open the music in a free audio editor like 'audacity'
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Then save it as a 'mono' file - instead of 'stereo' that will have the quick
    fix of making it half the size.

    Another alternative is to convert the file to something called MP3 instead
    of .wav

    That will shrink it to about 4mb.

    You could also (probably!) make the pictures smaller in filesize without
    sacrificing the quality
    see
    http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointgraphics.htm

    cheers
    TAJ Simmons
    Microsoft Powerpoint MVP

    http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com
    awesome - powerpoint templates,
    powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials...

    TAJ Simmons, Oct 21, 2008

  3. Karen

    tohlz Guest

    How big is the wav file? Try compressing your wav file before inserting it
    into PowerPoint (get it to less than 10mb). You can search online for free
    wav converter software.

    You can also try saving your presentation as a web page to test and see
    which file is causing the bloat. To do so, click File > Save as. Under save
    as type, click on the dropdown, select Web Page (*.htm or *.html).
    --
    Shawn Toh (tohlz)
    Microsoft MVP PowerPoint

    (Amazing PowerPoint animations, artworks, games here)
    http://pptheaven.mvps.org
    PowerPoint Heaven - The Power to Animate

    tohlz, Oct 21, 2008
  4. Hello Karen,

    In this case I'd convert it to an mp3 using a sound editing program, then
    using the free converter CDEX add a wav header to the mp3 to make it
    embeddable. This way you have the compression on an mp3 and the
    embeddability (is that a word?) of a wav.

    Sandy

    Sandy Johnson, Oct 21, 2008