    Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...

    Regards,
    totierne

    Turloch O'Tierney, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Turloch O'Tierney

    Chris Lanier Guest

    Hi, Goto Start>>Run>>Type "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A" If
    activated it will tell you, if not you can activate from the dialog.

    Chris Lanier, Dec 4, 2003

  3. "Turloch O'Tierney" <> wrote in message
    > I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
    > I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
    > Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
    >
    > Regards,
    > totierne

    Start> Run [type] msoobe /a <enter>

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist, Dec 4, 2003
  4. In article <>,
    says...
    > I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
    > I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
    > Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
    >
    > Regards,
    > totierne

    Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows
    If your computer is already activated, the wizard will let you know.
    If it is not, the wizard will step you through the activation process
    for you.

    --
    Donald L McDaniel
    Post All replies to the Newsgroup, so that all may be informed

    Donald McDaniel, Dec 4, 2003
  5. Greetings --

    The OS will let you know, with frequent reminders, if you do need
    to activate. To check for yourself, Start > All Programs >
    Accessories > System Tools > Activate Windows. Alternatively, Start >
    Run > "C:\Windows\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /A." It will probably tell
    you that WinXP has already been activated.

    Bruce Chambers

    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. -- RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Donald,

    > Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows

    The activate windows wizard is not there which suggests I am activated (?)

    Turloch

    Turloch O'Tierney, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Bruce,

    >msoobe /A

    shows I am a little bit activated, like being a little bit pregnant.

    Thanks &
    Regards,
    Turloch

    Turloch O'Tierney, Dec 4, 2003
  8. In article <>,
    says...
    > Donald,
    >
    > > Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows

    > The activate windows wizard is not there which suggests I am activated (?)
    >
    > Turloch
    >
    > Donald McDaniel <> wrote in message
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...
    > > > I want to know if my windows xp is activated,
    > > > I hope I am still on the 30 day period when I do not need to activate.
    > > > Otherwise I could be in a spot of bother...
    > > >
    > > > Regards,
    > > > totierne
    > > >

    > > Start|All Programs|Accessories|System Tools|Activate Windows
    > > If your computer is already activated, the wizard will let you know.
    > > If it is not, the wizard will step you through the activation process
    > > for you.

    Follow the directions of the ones in this thread who give you a
    commandline-way to execute the activation wizard. The absence of the
    Activation wizard choice in the All-Programs list is a bug of some sort.
    My installation is activated, and I still have the choice in All-
    Programs.

    Donald McDaniel, Dec 5, 2003