    problem connecting to Oracle database, and I was suggested to check
    the enviroment variable : TNS_ADMIN. I search for TNS_ADMIN in the registry,
    but it could not find it. Thank you.

    Fie Fie Niles, Mar 12, 2004

  2. Fie Fie Niles

    Carl Fenley Guest

    Fie Fie Niles wrote:
    > How can I check environment variable in Window 2000 or Windows NT? I
    > have a problem connecting to Oracle database, and I was suggested to
    > check
    > the enviroment variable : TNS_ADMIN. I search for TNS_ADMIN in the
    > registry, but it could not find it. Thank you.

    Right-click "My Computer", select Properties from the Menu, go to the
    Advanced tab, and click Environment Variables...

    Good Luck!

    - carl

    Carl Fenley, Mar 12, 2004

  3. Thanks a lot.
    So, to check for the enviroment variable : TNS_ADMIN, I should check under
    "User variable" or "system variable", there is a variable called "TNS_ADMIN"
    , right? Thanks.

    Fie Fie Niles, Mar 12, 2004
  4. In news:,
    Fie Fie Niles <> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
    > How can I check environment variable in Window 2000 or Windows NT? I
    > have a problem connecting to Oracle database, and I was suggested to
    > check
    > the enviroment variable : TNS_ADMIN. I search for TNS_ADMIN in the
    > registry, but it could not find it. Thank you.

    Press Windows Key and Pause key

    System properties opens
    Advanced tab
    Evironment Variables Button

    or

    Start
    Run
    type
    CMD
    press OK

    type
    set
    press enter

    env_vars list displayed

    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    Steve Parry [MVP], Mar 12, 2004
  5. "Steve Parry [MVP]" wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Fie Fie Niles <> fumbled, fiddled and fingered:
    > > How can I check environment variable in Window 2000 or Windows NT? I
    > > have a problem connecting to Oracle database, and I was suggested to
    > > check
    > > the enviroment variable : TNS_ADMIN. I search for TNS_ADMIN in the
    > > registry, but it could not find it. Thank you.

    > Press Windows Key and Pause key
    >
    > System properties opens
    > Advanced tab
    > Evironment Variables Button
    >
    > or
    >
    > Start
    > Run
    > type
    > CMD
    > press OK
    >
    > type
    > set
    > press enter
    >
    > env_vars list displayed
    >
    > --
    > Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
    >
    > http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    Or, instead of typing set (which I agree is good for anyone to know
    anyway), you could just type:

    echo %TNS_ADMIN%

    If the var exist, the command prompt will echo it's value. If it
    doesn't exist, it will just echo what your echo is set to (ON or OFF).
    --
    Ricardo M. Urbano
    Microsoft Windows 2000/NT MVP

    Ricardo M. Urbano - W2K/NT4 MVP, Mar 12, 2004
  6. Thank you all for your replies.

    "Ricardo M. Urbano - W2K/NT4 MVP" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Fie Fie Niles, Mar 12, 2004
  7. Start | Run | cmd | cd\ | set <ENTER>

    You'll see all your enviornment variables.

    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________

    George Hester, Mar 14, 2004
  8. Fie Fie Niles

    i2programmer

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Tool To Show An Environment Variable

    I've Attached a Tool To Check Your Environment Variables.
    It was Written and Compiled in Visual Batch.

    Attached Files:

    • GEV.zip
      File size:
      361.3 KB