How to change to detail view in folders

I just upgraded from IE5.5 to V6.

When I view a folder the objects show as large icons. I change the view to
details but evertime I switch folders i goes back to large icons again.

How can I get it to permanently show as details?

thanks

Jan Il

Hi JD :)

Open Windows Explorer (not IE)
Open any folder and change the layout to Details
Go to Tools>Folder Options>View
Click on the Apply to All Folders tab
When you get the popup that asks if you want to view all folder this way
click Yes.
Then close Windows Explorer and reopen, open a different folder and see if
the setting held.

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Thanks, that fixed it.

Have a good day.
cheers.

Jan Il said:
[...]

You're very welcome! Glad to hear you were able to resolve your problem.
Good job!

Thank you very much for posting back and letting us know what worked for
you, and for the benefit of other readers who might have a similar problem.

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows/Internet Explorer