how to change compatibility to play older games

Reaction score
recently bought simon the sourcerer but cant play it cos i am on xp and the game is for windows 95 or 98 how do you change the compatibilty of your computer to make it work. I have had a look but it seems really complicated. Can any one help cos i am really stuck.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
one way although im not sure it works is:
1)right click the shortcut
2)got to properties
3)click on the compatability tab
4)in the compatability box check the box with "run this programm..."
5) set it for 95 or 98
6) click apply
:)

Reaction score
compatibility

so it is that simple, oh cheers thats great im going to try that know thanks for the help.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As Alf said, that's the way to do it :)

It may work, it may not, I've had success with some Win 98 games, but not with others.

Let us know how you get on.

Reaction score
compatibility

Hi again, thanks for all your replies. I feel a bit daft though I went to install the game and it turned out that it wasn't working cos I didn't have adobe reader installed. But the game works perfectly and I had a great time playing on it today hence the late reply. But thank you all i know how to do it in the future.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
murcury said:
Hi again, thanks for all your replies. I feel a bit daft though I went to install the game and it turned out that it wasn't working cos I didn't have adobe reader installed. But the game works perfectly and I had a great time playing on it today hence the late reply. But thank you all i know how to do it in the future.

Good stuff :thumb:

Reaction score
Ahhh nothing like a bit of nostalgia!

I'm playing transport tycoon deluxe at the mo! Lol

Ask a Question