Uncheck "Users must enter a user name ...."

Click OK

R

Rebecca

I did this and I still get a logon screen, except now I
receive an error first that says "error logging on as
administrator because this account has been restricted."
I checked, and I'm supposed to be logged on as 'owner,'
and both administrator and owner have full privileges.
Now what?

C

Christopher R. Martinez

If still stuck, try ctrl+alt+delete and logon and change it back. At least
if this works you can be able to see what is selected/not selected.

chris

Reaction score
Need same help

Likewise, I have a logon password prompt to which I do not have a password. I only use 5 different passwords for everything, with this kind of problem in mind. However none of them work. I went to the start up settings menu and found one that worked for administrator, but again, it doesn't work for the windows logon. Is there any relation between the system password and the windows password?

I don't know anything about this. All I use the computer for is chatting and photoshop. I'm not even good at photoshop yet!

please help

Reaction score
need help loging in (windows XP)

hey guys my computer password wont work is there any way i can get the pass without changing it? or can someone help me by passing the loging in screen where u put the password? please e-mail me at (e-mail address removed)!!! i really need a quick reply! say it here or send me an e-mail thanks for your help if u sended me an e-mail!

Last edited:
Reaction score
hope this helps

about: control userpasswords2

you may need to select/or deselct "users must enter a user name and passrod to use this computer" pressed apply each time several times to get your computer to respond. I had to do this......

After deselected the last time and pressing apply-- The computer dialog box should pop up. (user name and pasword box.

if you don't have a password then don't put anything in the password section, but make sure you put in the username you want.

Highlight Administrator (default) and change it to the user account you have. Sometimes it might be owner, unless you change the name. The administrator is used only as a default.

This should prompt the computer to automatically log in without going to the windows log-in and load to your desktop as soon as your computer starts.

extra step if you still have problems.......

Under User accounts--- I also disabled Guest User, so that no guest can log into my computer.

You also might want to go to user accounts and set up the computer to log on using net password, even though you are not logging in using a pasword.

These are the steps I took and this seemed to remove any problems with bypassing directly to windows desktop.

Reaction score
Don't put a password in where it says password, but make sure that your domain name is correct. Sometimes it is owner. If you don't have a password set and you get the windows login, just put the user name/domain and leave the password section blank.

To remove this all together, try the steps I posted in a previous post.........

Reaction score
hey guys my computer password wont work is there any way i can get the pass without changing it? or can someone help me by passing the loging in screen where u put the password? please e-mail me at (e-mail address removed)!!! i really need a quick reply! say it here or send me an e-mail thanks for your help if u sended me an e-mail!
no you need to change it:dance::dance:

Ask a Question