    I need them to be able to burn CD's. Help please.
    Also I have restricted access to windows explorer

    Thanks

    tony, Jul 13, 2005

  2. tony

    lforbes Guest

    Re: How to allow cd burning using windows xp built in burning so

    "" wrote:
    > How can I allow CD Burning when I restrict access to C:
    > via GPO? These computers are lab computer
    > which need to be locked down to prevent students from
    > filling up the C:, but
    > I need them to be able to burn CD's. Help please.
    > Also I have restricted access to windows explorer
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    My users are able to burn CD’s fine through Windows XP burning and
    they are locked down as tight as possible.

    I would use the "hide drives in My Computer" rather than the "restrict
    drives" GPO setting. Then you can use NTFS security on the particular
    drives to actually prevent users from saving to C:

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-...-xp-built-burning-software-ftopict395447.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1308934