How to add 'Open With' to drop down menu?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I godda problem.

Windows XP; folders with several mp3 files in them; Latest version of Winamp; Winamp set to default audio player.

When I right click on a music folder I don't get the option to 'Open with' where if it was in the drop down menu Winamp would be listed, along with all other media players (WMP & Nero Showtime in this instance).

So how do I add that option to the drop down menu?

I've looked at Folder Options and Winamp's preferences but this thing is eluding me.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Mucks.

This is what happened.

I applied the fix and no 'Open With' option appeared in the drop down menu but 'Play with Media Player' appeared which wasn't there before.

Still no option to play the folder with Winamp though.

So I uninstalled Winamp including the folder in Program Files but left the registry entries alone.

I then reinstalled Winamp 5556 and in the drop down menu I now have an option to 'Play With Winamp' which is what I wanted. I had made Winamp the default player for audio files in Winamp's 'Preferences'.

So, all is well but I'm still a little confused as to where the option went in the first place :confused:

Just one of those things I suppose...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hmmm, strange, but then, it is a computer. ;)

:D

Ask a Question