    date is replaced with today's date.

    Any idea on how to stop this from occuring?

    Thank you.

    Guest, Nov 17, 2004

  2. The keyboard shortcut for Insert Date, and the icon on the header/footer
    toolbar insert an automatically updating date field, {DATE}, so if either of
    those were used in creating the doc, you get date changes.

    To fix old docs, select the field, toggle field codes on the right-click
    menu (or hit alt-F9), and change the DATE field to CREATEDATE.

    For more information, see here:
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

    For the future, you could make the {CREATEDATE} field into an AutoText entry
    and assign it a shortcut.
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

    DM

    --