    Is there any way to configure PowerPoint to work like Word, and use separate
    instances for each document?
    Thanks,

    Guest, Nov 9, 2007

    Telstar Guest

    "Nick Piazza" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When working with Microsoft Word 2007, I can open multiple documents with
    > each document in its own instance of Word. This lets me, for example, in
    > dual-monitor computer system, view one document on one screen while
    > working
    > on the other document in another screen. This also lets me easily
    > copy/paste
    > from one document to the other.
    > However, with PowerPoint 2007, opening multiple PPT files uses the same
    > instance of PowerPoint, making it awkward to view both files at the same
    > time. I know by using the Arrange All Window option, I can display both
    > documents side-by-side, I have to make the PowerPoint application very
    > wide
    > to see both documents comfortably. Also, it gets messier if I want to see
    > 3
    > documents.
    > Is there any way to configure PowerPoint to work like Word, and use
    > separate
    > instances for each document?
    > Thanks,

    No.

    Telstar, Nov 9, 2007

    Hi Nick,

    MVP John Wilson has a work-around tutorial on his site:
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/mmmagic.html

    --
    Thanks,
    Glenna Shaw

    Guest, Nov 10, 2007

    mkober

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Easy Allert....right-click on PowerPoint 2007 & select Open from the pop up menu. You can open as many separate instances of PowerPoint as you want. Have a great day.

    mkober, Mar 13, 2011

    jodelynne

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Here's a handy tip...

    If you are working with dual monitors, the easiest way to view more than one PPT at a time is to expand the window of your PPT across the entire screen expanse (from laptop to other monitor, for example). You can then open and view each presentation as if it were separate windows.

    My understanding is that MS OFfice does not have the same function for PPT as it does for Word, Excel, etc. The limitation because PPT has "show" affects keeps you from actually being able to open individal multiple windows for the PPT.

    I tried the suggestion for just right click and open, it does not work for me.
    Here's a solution possibly for those who can expand the work area - it was self contained and worked liked a dream - no real difference for me.

    jodelynne, Jul 11, 2011