• Occasionally

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • Not very often

Votes: 45 37.2%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have hardly touched my PC in the last 6 months, apart from pressing the on button :)

I used to have the side of the case off all the time, swapping things in and out, but now I'm getting old I don't seem to upgrade much at all now - if it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Do you upgrade bits quite often?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
mines had a new PSU, HD and some fans with a controller since last april when i built it, i think thats enough for now, new system is the next thing on the list :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I seem to have moments when i cant help myself.

I originally got my pc from Microland Technology. :blush: (Yes i know, i know) Was going on the reccomendation of Computer Shopper. :rolleyes: I was lucky as i did not have any probs with them or the delivery. I saw the thread in here about a month after i got mine so i guess i missed out on them going down the pan! Luck?

Since then almost all of its changed only things that are original is the case, CD drive and mobo! But i have been good for a while now, the PSU & 6800GT was the last upgrade i did. :)
I think that the next time i upgrade will be in the new year and a new MB and CPU, or maybe even a new system compcompletely. :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I upgraded my computer at a silly time imo. I went from a 2.8Ghz P4, 1 Gig Ram and a 9800pro to an AMD64 3700+, 2 Gig Ram and a 6800GT. So really I could of kept that P4 system and still play every game I wanted out there!

I'm not upgrading premature again, i'll try and keep this bad boy till the games get unbareable to play with such low FPS ;).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I get a thre year itch ... this system will go on further than that. ;)

I will probably go 64bit withing the next 18months. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I use to upgrade very frequently till two years back and now I am not in any mood to tinker as it get very frustating when one thing after another needs changing, spending time upgrading means not spending enough time doing what you are suppose to do with the computer. I now value quality time spent in front of the computer and not worry about how fast it is or it is not. No gaming also make sense that one really does not need to tweak the system.

If it ain't broke don't fix it is also something I believe in and has been mentioned on this very thread.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
There's no real pattern to my upgrading, I just tend to do it when the old box starts creaking.

For another thing, it takes too long to keep re-installing all my software.:(

I tend to just side-line older machines in case I need them in the future (like FAD crunching!) and just bring the newer machines on-line.:thumb:

Reaction score
I just don't have the cash flow to upgrade as often as I would like.

Reaction score
i upgraded to this after a year of my last PC... and wanted to upgrade every year and a half.

then i got a car. I shall say no more.

Reaction score
When the need arises, :p
Confucius say if it’s working don’t try to repair it.:confused:
But there again he did not have a computer!:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not planned, but it seems every major upgrade I make takes place in 18 month cycles.

Which means I'm due to go 64 bit this February.

Main things that have held me back this time is I'm really happy with this Socket A system atm and at the time it cost me a fair few pennies.

And also, by February an XP3700 may well have fallen in price, it's really not doing too bad atm, in terms of price, compared to the price it originally sold for.

I always seem to be six months to one year year being latest technology, probably cos I refuse to pay through the nose for the very latest.

Reaction score
If I had the money i would LIKE to upgrade everyweek !! lol

but just built a new system and hopefully that should last me atleast a year or so ...

I think the next upgrade i will get is another stick of ram for BF2 and so. I will be only playing them on a 17/19 inch screen so no need for a graphics upgrade for a while ... hopefully :p

Reaction score
Not very often for me.

By today's standards, I run some antiques ;) I even have one 75mhz machine running Linux....... just for fun.

Reaction score
I usually build a new PC starting with case.

I buy most of the parts, brands that I like best online. I think its better than buying one thats aready built cause I get the brands of parts that works for me. Use some old parts that are good from parted machines. My next build will be a dual processor Media machine the old one is too slow AMD 2.8G . I wont use it for Internet.

The one Im using for Internet now I built from junk and not worth upgrading.

Used PII case
MSI mother
900Mhz Amd
1500Mb PC133 SRAM
45Gb hard drive
Old 32Mb Nivida
4 channel SoundBlaster
slow Sony Cd burner

Reaction score
Im upgrading too complete pc currently
athlon 2000+
512 ddr