• Weekly

Votes: 48 21.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 46 21.0%

• Total voters

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you own a PC, you should be doing this ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i back up my music every week or so to DVD and next time i do it i'll stick my documents folder on the disc aswell

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Norton Ghost does it all for me! Full back up plus incrimentals every week. Easy!

Thanks to Mucks for the advice on that one a while back! :thumb: :cool:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
My Laptop has the IBM Rapid Restore Ultra which makes the image automatically, on a weekly basis as the frequency is defined by me, additionally all the documents in the My Documents folder are also copied to my 40 GB Lacie mobile drive, so have two backups at the same time.

For my home machine I have most of my stuff backed up on the DVD's.

Reaction score
I never back up lol :)

Can't bothered ... hardly anything important on my pc anywayz ... and all my current coursework i am doing i save it to a USB for school :) lol

Btw havn't we already had a post like this ?!?! :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
About once a month, using Acronis True Image to another hard disk.

Important stuff I always have copies of on a seperate hard disk as well.

When I build up enough stuff, I back up to DVD.

I suspect I have a lot of duplicates, I'm not that well organised.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
:D
i have never backed up that i know of...
does creating a restore point in Xp count? :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Alf said:
Does creating a restore point in Xp count? :)

I am afraid not, your data is not taken into account when you create a restore point in XP.

However, those who have no data have no need to back up anything, the luckiest cumputer users I must say. They will also outlive those who worry about data all the time and keep backing it up. :D

Reaction score
Restore points don't count/ back up to removable media!!!

Alf said:
i have never backed up that i know of...
does creating a restore point in Xp count? :)

Not in my opinion, restore points don't count.

I voted weekly but let me explain what I do and you tell me.
I have a DVD labled 'Progrmas' and every time I download/obtain a new program I like, I add it to the DVD-(which right now has like 30 various programs- e.g. AntiVir,WinAMP,DVD-decrytper......) Its my baby and recently I put them all back on the hard drive, checked them out, replaced them with current versions and so on. The its got a D-Skin(i love these things) and in a jewel case. This might sound foolish, but when a Program crashed or starts messing up, I instantly R/R. :p

As far as pics go-- they are uploaded to my Yahoo account in my photo albumn as well as on my hard drive(and some cd's but I don't really care about most of them);)
Mostly I also got a DVD labled "My documents" which has all my works and receipts and all kinds of billing statements and tax info. Any time I add something new to that folder its gets added to the dvd- :D

So maybe I'm neurotic- but I know that I can format my hardrive anytime I choose(which I do at LEAST once a year and latley more often)- Which in my opinion is the best way to keep off spyware.:blush:
And yes, when one of my cds gets a scratch or has a corrupted file I almost lose it :mad:

HAHA --- come to think Of it--- I even back up my cell phone contacts to my computer, for those rare moments when phone is too dead to turn on/broken/lost and I absolutely need a number-- easily done thanks by mobile tools-- exsclusivley for Motorolla phones....

Last edited:

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
I used to back up 'my documents' weekly to dvd's, but lately I've gotten lazy, and am only doing it probabally once every couple of months. - I voted monthly.
I do have quite a lot of data now on my pc that is valuable to me, so I really should pull my finger out and start doing it more regularly again. I might even invest in a new dual layer DVD writer, so that my normal backup would fit onto just 3 disks instead of the usual 6!

Reaction score
I put daily, I ment to put never...it's not realy NEVER but thats closer to the RARELY that I actully do it. :(

I am not as concerned as most. Most of my work is webdesign so besides my favorites, everything that I need is on a server somewhere anyway.

Av

Reaction score
these results are very interesting

seems a lot of people dont back up much

it will only hurt when one day your harddrive fails u
but by then it will be too late :(

Reaction score
meh, i have 2 harddrives, 120gb for windows and programs/games to be installed on and 200gb for file music etc etc n ****

Reaction score
i had to vote never! my pc is so ancient it hasnt even got a dvd r/w so the amount of disks i would have to waste to back up all my documents music ect would be LOADS!

well i suppose i have got most of my music on the albums but a fair few i havnt.

what is the best way for me to back up if i havnt got a dvd r/w? ? ?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
actually i have a 512MB sandisk memory stick with all of my documents on

Reaction score
yer i was looking at those... can one 512MB fit a few pictures, word documents etc on one

and how much music if i wanted to bung it one pc and trade to another??

cheers :)

Ask a Question