    appreciate help in this matter, since this is quite a
    problem for me.

    /Chili

    Chili, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Chili

    anonymous Guest

    for lockscreen press WindowsKey+L (or lowercase L)

    anonymous, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Chili

    Guest Guest

    Thank you, but I need a way to lock the system. The
    problem is that while I'm away from home, certain family
    members surf via my connection and my computer, and I want
    to keep them from being able to start Windows and use the
    computer at all, while I'm not around.

    Thanks all the same for ths swift reply.

    /Chili

    Guest, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Chili

    Mike Bynum Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Thank you, but I need a way to lock the system. The
    > problem is that while I'm away from home, certain family
    > members surf via my connection and my computer, and I want
    > to keep them from being able to start Windows and use the
    > computer at all, while I'm not around.
    >
    > Thanks all the same for ths swift reply.
    >
    > /Chili

    Chili,

    As long as your family members have physical access to your system, there is
    no real way to totally secure it. Depending on how important this is to
    you, the best thing would be to take your hard drive with you when you
    leave.

    Mike

    Mike Bynum, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Chili

    Chili Guest

    What I was hoping for was some kind of password function.
    They're too lazy and unskilled to work around that. My
    problem is I don't really know how to set up the password
    to block them from it. One of the downsides of being brand
    new to WinXP, is total ignorance, I suppose.

    /Chili

    Chili, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Chili

    David Guest

    "Chili" <> wrote in news:048b01c3aede
    $266e6e50$:

    Goto Control Panel?Users. Click on your account and select Add
    Password.

    --

    David

    Programmers write "Help Files" for a reason. use them.

    "Due to Viewer dicretion...
    Graphic violence is advised"

    http://www.HeroicStories.com/
    http://www.thisistrue.com/

    David, Nov 19, 2003
  7. Chili

    Mike Bynum Guest

    "Chili" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    Chili,

    I guess I'm a little confused now as to what is happening. Are your family
    members logging in under your account and it is not password protected? If
    that is the case, you can set a password for your account by going to
    Control Panel, User Accounts and click on Create a password. If they are
    logging under your account and they have your password, you can change it by
    hitting the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys and selecting Change password.

    If neither of these is the situation, please post back again with more
    details.

    Mike

    Mike Bynum, Nov 19, 2003
  8. Chili

    Chili Guest

    It was that simple? Duh. I feel stupid.

    Thank you for the help in spite of the stupid question, I
    appreciate it.

    /Chili

    Chili, Nov 19, 2003
  9. Chili

    fmiller Guest

    There is no such thing as a stupid question---just hope
    that you get decent answers.

    just a reader in newsgroups---F Miller

    fmiller, Nov 20, 2003
  10. Chili

    Debeliub1

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    It's not that easy. If you lock the screen Windows key plus L - that locks it, but all you have to do is re-start and then the login-screen comes up and anybody with an account can log in as them. I have children. They have accounts. I want to, from time to time, not let them access their accounts. I have not found a way to lock the whole computer.

    Debeliub1, Sep 13, 2011
  11. Chili

    Debeliub1

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2011
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    ok. I figured out how to lock out everyone from the computer. Click below:
    http://www.medcatalog.com/M/marinelock.htm
    :lol:

    Debeliub1, Sep 16, 2011