    case temp: 36C
    CPU temp: 35C

    CPU is a 1900+ and the board is an ASUS A7N8X-VM. There's not a whole lot I can do to cool the case down due to its size. I has a 60 mm case fan, and the PSU has 2 fans. What do you all think about those operating temps?

    George Orwell, Jan 9, 2004

  2. George Orwell

    Nanga Parbat Guest

    George Orwell wrote:

    > I have a PC in a micro case that serves as a tvio (running mythtv http://www.mythtv.org).
    > Anyway, it's a small case and it's inside my entertainment center. I checked
    > the mobo/cpu temp and in there it gets a bit hot:
    >
    > case temp: 36C
    > CPU temp: 35C
    >
    > CPU is a 1900+ and the board is an ASUS A7N8X-VM. There's not a whole
    > lot I can do to cool the case down due to its size. I has a 60 mm case fan,
    > and the PSU has 2 fans. What do you all think about those operating temps?

    If by case temp you mean the mobo sensor it's not exceptionally high.
    When I run Prime95 to test my overclocked system, my mobo reaches 36°C
    too. That's in a Lian-Li PC60 with 4 case fans and another 2 in the
    PSU.

    Try running Prime95 Torture Test for a couple hours. If it doesn't
    report errors you shouldn't worry about it.

    Nanga

    Nanga Parbat, Jan 9, 2004

  3. George Orwell

    DaveW Guest

    Anything under 40 C while operating is fine.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW, Jan 10, 2004
  4. George Orwell

    Mike Gorman Guest

    As the others stated, those temp are good. You might consider running
    something like MBM that allows you to set an alarm if your temps exceed a
    certain temp. You might be able to set this within your systems BIOS as
    well.

    That way the system will give off an audilble if things get too steamy.
    Particularly useful in Multimedia systems sitting in cabinetry and
    especially good for monitoring temps durring summer.

    Mike Gorman, Jan 10, 2004
  5. George Orwell

    Lindy Guest

    I have a 2500XP running at 52C is this too hot? Thank you.

    Lindy, Jan 10, 2004
  6. George Orwell

    andrew2000 Guest

    Those temps should be fine, just open it now and then to blow out any dust.

    andrew2000, Jan 10, 2004
  7. George Orwell

    andrew2000 Guest

    that is pushing the limit, I would consider investing in a better heat
    sink/fan, and maybe even another case fan.

    andrew2000, Jan 10, 2004
  8. George Orwell

    Minotaur Guest

    andrew2000 wrote:

    > that is pushing the limit, I would consider investing in a better heat
    > sink/fan, and maybe even another case fan.
    >
    > "Lindy" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a 2500XP running at 52C is this too hot? Thank you.

    Well the recommended limit is actualy 85C according to AMD.

    It really depends on the Ambient temp, 52C would be VERY GOOD
    if I was running Prime95 or Seti, in summer time when it hits
    30C+.

    Funny how Ambient temps failed to get mentioned when people ask if there
    temps are too high. EEEEEEEEEK *8D

    Minotaur, Jan 10, 2004
  9. 52 C is fine for CPU temperature, but way high for MoBo temperature,
    which is what the OP was asking about - it's not clear which
    temperature andrew was reporting.

    Peter R. Fletcher, Jan 10, 2004