• faster than 20MBs

Votes: 11 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Results from my phone number on the BT.com ordering page .

Our initial test on your phone line indicates that you should be able to have BT Total Broadband with a likely maximum speed of up to 1.5Mb (Megabits per second).

Please note that this speed is only an estimate based on information available to us about the length of your phone line. Your actual speed will additionally depend on factors within your home, principally the length and quality of any internal phone wiring, and the speed of your computer and modem or router.

ha ha ha guess who forgot his riouter password
laughingsmiley.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Abarbarian I have moved your router problems to a new thread HERE :thumb:

Reaction score
This time of year my internet speed is about 30 Kb/ps...

Need a new Isp...

does anyone else ever suffer major lag at particular points in the year?

Reaction score
Hi.

I`m with aol and my connection speed is 1MB. I got a e-mail from aol in May/June telling me
that I am going to be up graded to 2MB,free of charge, some time in August /September.
But it`s been cancelled once befor,so I`m not holding my breath.
I find 1Mb connection very fast compared with dial up,and to be honest will I notice the
difference when it eventually goes up to 2MB,I doubt it.
Historian

Reaction score
historian said:
Hi.

I`m with aol and my connection speed is 1MB. I got a e-mail from aol in May/June telling me
that I am going to be up graded to 2MB,free of charge, some time in August /September.
But it`s been cancelled once befor,so I`m not holding my breath.
I find 1Mb connection very fast compared with dial up,and to be honest will I notice the
difference when it eventually goes up to 2MB,I doubt it.
Historian

ive had 512, 1mb, 2mb and 8mb max - i noticed a diff ever time and would never go back down a speed

how about a new poll ? do you watch tv/films online ?

hope im allowed to post this? if you are ive got a few more links - www.start2enjoy.com

Reaction score
Hello Gonna -get- u.

Thanks for your reply.

You say that you have had speeds up to 8MB and noticed the difference every time. In what way have you noticed the difference. I mean how fast is fast.I/we get,for example,e-mail which come down within a fraction of a second.At 2Mb,which I`m hoping to up grade too,will I really notice a millonth of a second faster than 1MB? I have my doubts.
Many thanks
Historian

Reaction score
Hi.

I`ve tried the speed test that is on this site. I`ve tried both servers,one for London and one for Maidenhead.
The one for Maidenhead has:
972kb/s download.
233kb/s upload.
The London one:
971kb/s download
232 kb/s upload.
Which is not a lot in it.As I`m on 1Mb,with aol,It`s not too bad....is it?
Many thanks.
historian

Reaction score
when downloading an email you wont noticed the diff, unless it has pictures or other stuff attacted

but when ur downloading large web sites, updating windows and any other program, downloading music or film - then you will noticed the diff

if you like to play games - it will load up maps faster, but wont really affect the ping times

Reaction score
Vroooma Zoom Zoom:D
I've Checked and what im paying for is: 30Mbps-Down & 5Mbps-Up So this test is pretty accurate and real world when you add in all the variables the test results from the link that I belive Fizz posted, These results are accually slow for what I'm paying for but in real time they are blazzing(about1/2 sec from the time I click the IE button to the time the page is fully loaded & I use a Proxy LMAO) Um.. yea its quick:D My Bandwith is split 4 ways 4 pcs + PS3 & XBOX360 or my Lap top share one of the router lines depending on witch im on those or my notebook.

Total Tests Taken:4Fastest Download:23123 kb/sFastest Upload:3221 kb/sAverage Download:14183 kb/sAverage Upload:2133 kb/s

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use broad band. Still it is slower than 56kbps (on an average).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Just did the test and the results were

Upload 1618 Kb/s
Download 440 Kb/s

Hello Quad :D :wave:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
check out the stats for my uni conenction in the LRC, did this test a while back but :eek:

189551367.png

i think i'll be investing in a portable hard drive and downloadin at uni lol

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sweeeeeet! The previous was the wireless result this is via ethernet cable connected to laptop.

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
check out the stats for my uni conenction in the LRC, did this test a while back but :eek:

189551367.png

i think i'll be investing in a portable hard drive and downloadin at uni lol

woahhhhh just look at that upload speed! Send me stuff please!!! Even the the download speed is impressive.

I been to your uni a few times pal, very modern.

Reaction score
Up to 20MB/s

My subscription to Virgin Media is the XL package which is "Up to 20MB/s".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question