    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    Trevor L., Apr 25, 2007

  2. Trevor L.

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > Many times one sees images where faces have been blurred, presumably
    > to protect person's privacy.
    >
    > I have tried a few ways to do this but I can't seem to get the same
    > effect.
    > All I can do is use the erase tool in Paint but it looks messy
    >
    > Does any one have any ideas how it is done?

    ==================================
    In an advanced digital image editing program...
    you can select a portion of an image...a face
    for example...and blur it as much as you wish.

    You could try the trial version of MS Digital Image
    Suite if you like:

    Microsoft Digital Image
    Starter Edition 2006
    http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea
    (this offer is no longer being
    promoted but I'm relatively sure
    you can still download it and
    run it for 60 days)

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    John Inzer wrote:
    > Trevor L. wrote:
    >> Many times one sees images where faces have been blurred, presumably
    >> to protect person's privacy.
    >>
    >> I have tried a few ways to do this but I can't seem to get the same
    >> effect.
    >> All I can do is use the erase tool in Paint but it looks messy
    >>
    >> Does any one have any ideas how it is done?

    > ==================================
    > In an advanced digital image editing program...
    > you can select a portion of an image...a face
    > for example...and blur it as much as you wish.
    >
    > You could try the trial version of MS Digital Image
    > Suite if you like:
    >
    > Microsoft Digital Image
    > Starter Edition 2006
    > http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea
    > (this offer is no longer being
    > promoted but I'm relatively sure
    > you can still download it and
    > run it for 60 days)
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer
    > MS Picture It! -
    > Digital Image MVP

    O.K. I might try that for the trial period.

    I see you are a Picture It! MVP. I don't suppose there is any way Picture
    It! will do it, or any free MS software

    I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements and ACDSee and possibly some Canon and
    HP software (if they came with the scanner and printer - I haven't checked
    any of this stuff lately)

    Also IrfanView, of course
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor L.

    Trevor L., Apr 25, 2007
  4. Trevor L.

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > O.K. I might try that for the trial period.
    >
    > I see you are a Picture It! MVP. I don't suppose there is any way
    > Picture It! will do it, or any free MS software

    =======================
    Picture It! should work for you.
    Which version do you have?
    Some of the express versions
    may not have the necessary tools.
    ===========================
    > I also have Adobe Photoshop Elements and ACDSee and possibly some
    > Canon and HP software (if they came with the scanner and printer - I
    > haven't checked any of this stuff lately)
    >
    > Also IrfanView, of course

    ===========================
    Any program that allows layers should
    work for your project.

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Apr 25, 2007
  5. Trevor L.

    Tom from WI Guest

    You can blur a rectangle in your picture using Irfanview. Use the crop tool
    to select a rectangle in your picture that you want to blur. Then choose
    Image, then Effects, then Effects Browser, then Radial Blur. By sliding the
    slider to the right, your selected rectangle will blur. I haven't figured
    out how to select shapes in Irfanview other than rectangles.

    Tom

    Tom from WI, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Trevor L.

    John Inzer Guest

    Tom from WI wrote:
    > You can blur a rectangle in your picture using Irfanview. Use the
    > crop tool to select a rectangle in your picture that you want to
    > blur. Then choose Image, then Effects, then Effects Browser, then
    > Radial Blur. By sliding the slider to the right, your selected
    > rectangle will blur. I haven't figured out how to select shapes in
    > Irfanview other than rectangles.
    > Tom

    ====================
    Excellent tip Tom...

    Thanks.

    --

    John Inzer
    MS Picture It! -

    Digital Image
    Highlights and FAQs
    http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk

    John Inzer, Apr 25, 2007
  7. Trevor L.

    Trevor L. Guest

    John Inzer wrote:
    > =======================
    > Picture It! should work for you.
    > Which version do you have?
    > Some of the express versions
    > may not have the necessary tools.
    > ===========================

    Sorry for the delay but this was for my wife and she has just found the
    Picture It! tool.

    She tried Transparancy and it worked well
    --
    Cheers,
    Trevor Lawrence

    Trevor L., May 4, 2007
  8. Trevor L.

    John Inzer Guest

    Trevor L. wrote:
    > John Inzer wrote:
    >> =======================
    >> Picture It! should work for you.
    >> Which version do you have?
    >> Some of the express versions
    >> may not have the necessary tools.
    >> ===========================

    > Sorry for the delay but this was for my wife and she has just found
    > the Picture It! tool.
    >
    > She tried Transparancy and it worked well

    ==========================
    Excellent!

    Thanks for the update.

    --