    I have microsoft word 2007 and its locked.. i can't do anything with it it
    says at the bottom of the screen " this modifications is not allowed because
    the selection is locked" how do i unlock it?

    Brittany09, Sep 30, 2009

  2. Maybe you have a free trial version of Word 2007, and the free trial
    period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your purchased Office
    software.

    What happens if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button | Word
    Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already activated, a dialog
    box saying so will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation
    Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
    will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase a key)
    online.

    garfield-n-odie [MVP], Sep 30, 2009

  3. Brittany09

    Graham Mayor Guest

    Have you activated the software? If so, almost certainly the trial version
    of Office that you have installed has expired. It's time to buy the program.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Sep 30, 2009
  4. Brittany09

    Boy

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2012
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    You may need a specialized service or software. Once I had a locked Microsoft Word document, I used a service Password-find.com to unlock the Word doc and it worked. Hopefully this will help you too.

    Boy, Jul 25, 2014