How do you type the word resume?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Jan 17, 2005.

    Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
    character' above the 'e' at the end?

    Guest, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Press Ctrl+' and then type an e to make an accented é.

    garfield-n-odie, Jan 17, 2005

    Jay Freedman Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:33:09 -0800, "jassim5"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to type the word "resume" with the 'small slash
    >character' above the 'e' at the end?

    Hold the Ctrl key while you press the apostrophe key; release both
    keys, then type the e.

    Alternatively, hold the Alt key while you type 0233 on the number pad,
    which is how I typed this: résumé

    See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/InsertSpecChars.htm.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Jan 17, 2005
  4. Jay and garfield-n-odie have both told you how to type an e with an acute
    accent. For more on entering special characters, see
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. And note that
    "résumé" requires *two* accented letters.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jan 17, 2005

    Tip: I inserted the symbol (Insert - Symbol) and then assigned the
    combination to a short cut. Very handy!

    Guest, Feb 9, 2005
  6. There is already a built-in shortcut for é: Ctrl+', e. See

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Feb 9, 2005