    E when I press apostrophe (not after an Alt). The only way I can turn this
    off is save my work, exit word, and restart. What's the official way to
    return my keyboard to normal?

    RobSmy, Jan 19, 2009

  2. You need to switch keyboards from an international layout to your usual one.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jan 19, 2009

  3. RobSmy

    grammatim Guest

    You probably accidentally typed LeftAlt-Shift, which toggles/cycles
    through the installed keyboards. You can remove any keyboards you know
    you're never going to use, but you do that differently in XP or Vista.
    (You begin with Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options,
    and can probably figure it out from there.)

    grammatim, Jan 19, 2009
  4. Switch the input language, which is a property of Windows system. Try just
    ctrl+shift for switching, or alt + shift. You can disable the keyboard
    shortcut here:
    Control Panel > Regional and language settings > Languages > Details > Key
    settings

    Pablo Cardellino, Jan 19, 2009