    presentations, the screesaver causes it to lock up and the only recourse is
    to reboot. Is there anyway to override just the screensaver setting? Thanks!

    Ben

    Guest, Oct 24, 2007

  2. In news:,
    abenzaki <> typed:
    > I need some way to override the group policy screensaver setting for
    > a single computer. Whenever this computer in left unattended for
    > sometime during presentations, the screesaver causes it to lock up
    > and the only recourse is to reboot. Is there anyway to override just
    > the screensaver setting? Thanks!
    >
    > Ben

    Not sure, it depends on how YOU have designed your GPOs.
    If in an OU with a GPO affecting the OU, I would move it to another OU that
    the policy is not affecting.

    If the policy is at the domain leve meaning you set it in the Default Domain
    Group Policyl, I would re-think your design strategy and put it in it's own
    GPO and only apply it to either users or computers. If at the domain level
    you are affecting everything including DCs and servers. You can also create
    a WMI filter for that one computer to block the WHOLE GPO, but if the screen
    saver setting is set at the domain level, you do not want to do that or you
    will negate the whole GPO.

    So it depends. For accurate assistance please elaborate on your design.

    Thanks,

    --
    Regards,
    Ace

    confers no rights.

    Ace Fekay, MCSE 2003 & 2000, MCSA 2003 & 2000, MCSE+I, MCT,
    MVP Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    Infinite Diversities in Infinite Combinations

    Having difficulty reading or finding responses to your post?
    Try using Outlook Express or any other newsreader, configure a news
    account, and point it to news.microsoft.com. Anonymous access. It's
    easy and it's free:

    How to Configure OEx for Internet News
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=171164

    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates or a bowl of cherries or
    peaches... Life is more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today
    may burn your butt tomorrow." - Garfield

    Ace Fekay [MVP], Oct 25, 2007

    Thanks, Ace, for your response. To answer your question, the policy is at the
    domain level and applies to all users in the domain. This is how it was set
    when I took over. I have also questioned this strategy.

    Thanks,
    Ben

    Guest, Oct 25, 2007
  4. In news:,
    abenzaki <> typed:
    > Thanks, Ace, for your response. To answer your question, the policy
    > is at the domain level and applies to all users in the domain. This
    > is how it was set when I took over. I have also questioned this
    > strategy.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ben

    I see. The best bet sounds like redesigning it so you have more control over
    it.

    Ace

    Ace Fekay [MVP], Oct 26, 2007