how do you get a screenshot?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Guest, Mar 15, 2006.

    does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

    Guest, Mar 15, 2006

    Rick B Guest

    Hit your Print Screen button.

    --
    Rick B

    Rick B, Mar 15, 2006

    Hit the PRINT SCREEN key, the open MS Paint, , select the EDIT menu and
    select PASTE.
    --
    Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
    sometimes!

    Guest, Mar 15, 2006

    where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
    None of the printing options are available?

    Guest, Mar 15, 2006

    Rick B Guest

    Right above the INSERT key on most keyboards.

    --
    Rick B

    Rick B, Mar 15, 2006

    fredg Guest

    On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:37:21 -0800, PJ wrote:

    > where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
    > None of the printing options are available?
    >
    > "Larry G." wrote:
    >
    >> Hit the PRINT SCREEN key, the open MS Paint, , select the EDIT menu and
    >> select PASTE.
    >> --
    >> Never give up, the answer IS out there, it just takes a while to find it
    >> sometimes!
    >>
    >> "PJ" wrote:
    >>
    >>> does anybody know how to get a screenshot of a database table in design view?

    The Print Screen button will not actually print the screen, it will
    copy it. After you paste it into Paint or Word or an Access report,
    etc., you can print it from there.
    --
    Fred
    Please respond only to this newsgroup.

    fredg, Mar 15, 2006

    John Vinson Guest

    wrote:

    >where is the PRINT SCREEN key?

    Depends on your keyboard layout. It's usually on the upper right,
    labeled PrtScn (or PrtScn/SysRq). On a laptop keyboard it may need a
    function key.

    >None of the printing options are available?

    Please explain this comment. What "printing options" do you expect to
    see?

    If you want to put your table design onto paper, it's usually better
    to use a documentation tool such as Tools... Analyze... Documentor or
    the one of the documentation utilities at

    http://home.bendbroadband.com/conradsystems/accessjunkie/doctable.html

    John W. Vinson[MVP]

    John Vinson, Mar 15, 2006

    It sounds like you might be asking the wrong question.

    If what you're wanting to do is to produce documentation for that table (or
    tables) try using the Tools > Analyze > Documenter tool and select the
    tables you want to document. You'll probably want to click on Options and
    select "Names, Data Types and Sizes" in the "Include for Fields" section.

    You can then export the resulting report to a file for further manipulation,
    if you like.

    Hope that helps!

    David

    Guest, Mar 15, 2006
  9. PJ wrote:
    > where is the PRINT SCREEN key?
    > None of the printing options are available?
    >
    > "Larry G." wrote:

    Our group is trying to help, but you need to keep in mind:

    This is a newsgroup dedicated to questions about Access, the database
    program in Office Professional. It appears your question may not be related
    to these subjects. The Microsoft help system is not all that clear and may
    have misdirected you here.

    It is best to ask your questions in a newsgroup dedicated to the
    subject of your question. You should find people better able to address
    your problem there.

    Note: It is always best to indicate the name and version of any
    program(s) you may be using when asking a question and also indicate the
    operating system (like Windows XP or 98) when you ask a question.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 15, 2006