How do you embed a google map in access?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Chris DP, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. Chris DP

    Chris DP Guest

    Chris DP, Jul 4, 2008

  2. Chris DP

    Al Campagna Guest

    Chris,
    Use a Hyperlink field, and insert the Google URL for the map into it.
    In Google, you need to use the "Link to this Page" function. That will
    provide you with the actual URL for the map you are viewing.
    --
    hth
    Al Campagna

    "Chris DP" <> wrote in message

    Al Campagna, Jul 4, 2008

  3. Chris DP

    Chris DP Guest

    Hi Al, thanks for your help on this. I have creatd a hyperlink filed and put
    it on a page in the access database.

    I have two choices from google link to this page and I'm not sure which is
    the URL!! is it the;

    Paste link in email or IM 'formula'
    or the
    Paste HTML to embed in website 'formula'

    also where excatly should it be inserted, I have ahd a look and was pretty
    close to getting it sorted but have not owkred it out yet!

    regards
    Chris

    Chris DP, Jul 4, 2008
  4. Chris DP

    Al Campagna Guest

    Chris,
    Go to the table that is the RecordSource for your form.
    Add a new Hyperlink field to the table. (ex. hypClientMap)
    Add that new field to your form, and if you have a query as the Record
    Source... make sure your new field is included.

    You want the "Link in Email", which is the actual web URL for that
    particular map location (and view). This string should be entered (actually
    cut & pasted works best) into your form's hyperlink field, on the client
    record associated with that map.
    Now, open the form, and click the hyperlink entry. You'll go right to
    the correct map.

    The "HTML format" is the HTML code used to send the user to a particular
    map... from a web site.
    --
    hth
    Al Campagna

    Al Campagna, Jul 4, 2008
  5. Chris DP

    Chris DP Guest

    Hi Al,

    thank you I will try that later as I am being summoned to be elsehwere right
    now!!

    I take it that the only way to see the map directly is by having the html
    embeded in a website. However, for now the link to google from access will be
    fine.

    regards
    Chris

    Chris DP, Jul 4, 2008
  6. Chris DP

    Al Campagna Guest

    Chris,
    I think that even if you use the HTML code on your website, the map will
    not be displayed on your website. The code takes you to Google maps when
    clicked.
    --
    hth
    Al Campagna

    Al Campagna, Jul 6, 2008
  7. Chris DP

    Chris DP Guest

    Hi Al, thanks I will check out how the html link works on a website. One
    company I represents uses a google map that is embeded in their website,
    http://www.comptoir-de-famille.com/united-kingdom-147-3.html, so I will check
    with them how it has been done. If you want me to I'll let you know.

    Also, for the nyperlink, I could not get it to work with a hyperlink field
    as I couldnt find where to paste the link. I did, however, manage to do this
    using a standard 'button' set up which has a place to paste the link in the
    properties; Hyperlink Address. Maybe you know where the property in the
    hyperlink field is. All I could see where; Is Hyperlink and Display As
    Hyperlink.

    Chris

    Chris DP, Jul 6, 2008