    I have so I can download the right one.
    --
    GeeLetcha

    Guest, Nov 18, 2006

  2. GeeLetcha wrote:
    > I am bing pinged by a net virus and was about to download the
    > MS03-026 fix and noticed there are versions for 32 or 64 bit XP.
    > SO I wont to knowo what I have so I can download the right one.

    You have 32bit.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Shenan Stanley, Nov 18, 2006

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    While at one time it was easy to make that assumption it isn't anymore.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Nov 18, 2006

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    Harry Ohrn, Nov 18, 2006

    Gordon Guest

    "Harry Ohrn" <> wrote in message
    > While at one time it was easy to make that assumption it isn't anymore.

    I think that if the OP had got the 64 bit version, he would know....

    Gordon, Nov 18, 2006
  6. Re: How do I work out which version of windows XP I have - ie 32or 64

    GeeLetcha wrote:
    > I am bing pinged by a net virus and was about to download the MS03-026 fix
    > and noticed there are versions for 32 or 64 bit XP. SO I wont to knowo what
    > I have so I can download the right one.

    If you have to ask, you're almost certainly running the 32-bit
    version of WinXP. I'm not trying to be facetious; I'm sure you'd have
    noticed paying several thousand dollars more for the Itanium or Itanium
    II CPU required to run the original 64-bit version of WinXP Pro, or
    whether or not you purchased a computer with an AMD Athlon64 or Intel
    EM64T CPU. There are, of course, no 64-bit versions of WinXP Home, WinXP
    TabletPC, or WinXP MCE. Also, because WinXPx64 is available only as an
    OEM license, it doesn't come in a box.

    Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/overview.asp

    To verify for yourself, Click Start > Run, type in "Winver" and
    press <Enter>. If the resulting dialog box does not _explicitly_ state
    that you have "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" or "Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition," then you have a 32-bit OS.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, Nov 18, 2006
  7. Re: How do I work out which version of windows XP I have - ie 32or 64

    Harry Ohrn wrote:
    > While at one time it was easy to make that assumption it isn't anymore.

    It was no assumption, Harry. From the OP's Header:

    From the WinXPx64's Outlook Express' Help/About:
    6.00.3790.1830(srv03_sp1_rtm.050324-1447

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm