    The numbers keyboard on my desktop will not function. When using it in an
    Excel worksheet, instead of entering the number the computer moves the cursor
    to the previous cell up.

    Guest, Sep 28, 2007

    Ron de Bruin Guest

    Hi Thornton

    Press the Num lock key on your keyboard

    --

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

    Ron de Bruin, Sep 28, 2007

    If the NUMLOCK key does not function for both Excel and othre applications,
    then the keyboard is probably defective:

    First try a different keyboard - if the substitute keyboard works, replace
    your defective one.
    --
    Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

    Guest, Sep 28, 2007

    Ron Coderre Guest

    This may be too easy...but...

    Have you tried pressing the NumLock key to engage the numbers?

    Does that help?
    --------------------------

    Regards,

    Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
    Microsoft MVP (Excel)

    Ron Coderre, Sep 28, 2007

    The numbers at the top of the keyboard work. It's the numbers on the right
    side of the keyboard that seemed locked. Please help and thanks!

    Guest, Sep 28, 2007

    Peo Sjoblom Guest

    Have you pressed the numlock key?

    --