    dominique Guest

    i am trying to use powerpoint and microsoft word but a message at the bottom
    of the screen says its locked how do i unlock it please

    dominique, Oct 7, 2008

  2. dominique

    Echo S Guest

    Echo S, Oct 7, 2008

  3. dominique

    LVTravel Guest

    "dominique" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > i am trying to use powerpoint and microsoft word but a message at the
    > bottom
    > of the screen says its locked how do i unlock it please

    Have you activated your software with Microsoft? The below applies to '07
    also AFAIK.

    From MS web site:
    "This command is not available because the document is locked for editing

    If you see the following message when you try to modify a document in Word
    2003 or Word 2002: "This command is not available because the document is
    locked for editing," your Word program might not be activated. To check, do
    the following:

    On the Help menu, click Activate Product.
    If Word is activated, a message tells you that the product was already
    activated. If Word is not activated, the Office Activation Wizard appears to
    guide you through the activation process.
    Note You can open a Word document even if the program is not activated,
    but you cannot use many commands and you cannot save the document."

    LVTravel, Oct 7, 2008