    I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom of the
    screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the document is
    locked, how do I get it unlocked?

    Guest, Feb 7, 2005

    Jay Freedman Guest

    Becky wrote:
    > I can't type on my word documents, and i dont know why, at the bottom
    > of the screen it says, this modification is not allowed because the
    > document is locked, how do I get it unlocked?

    Hi Becky,

    What happens if you select Help > Activate Product?

    If it says the software is already activated, then see
    http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Feb 7, 2005

    Guest, Feb 13, 2005

    Guest, Mar 6, 2005

    Guest, Mar 22, 2005

    Guest, Apr 7, 2005

    CANNOT TYPE ON MICROSOFT WORD DOCUMENT

    Dear Microsoft, I cannot type anything on the Word Document.

    The Key board just could work on the Word document.

    Please tell me what to do

    Thanks!

    Joseph

    Guest, Apr 26, 2005

    Guest, Jun 4, 2005
  9. Either you have not activated Word, or it is a trial version that has
    expired. See “Frequently asked questions about the Office Activation Wizard
    and reduced-functionality mode in Office 2003†at
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827291 and/or “How to convert a Office
    2003 Trial Edition to a Full Retail Edition†at
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jun 4, 2005

    Guest, Jun 21, 2005

    Guest, Jun 21, 2005
  12. Either you have not activated the product (Tools | Activate Product) or it

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jun 21, 2005

    "LT" wrote: have the same problem PLEASE HELP

    Guest, Aug 18, 2005
  14. Either you have not activated Word (Help | Activate Product), or it is a

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Aug 18, 2005

    Guest, Oct 2, 2005

    Guest, Oct 2, 2005

    Guest, Oct 23, 2005

    Guest, Nov 17, 2005
  19. Either you have not activated Word (Help | Activate Product), or it is a

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Nov 17, 2005

    Guest, Nov 19, 2005