How do I uninstall Active directory in Windows 2003 if server will not boot in normal mode?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000 Active Directory' started by RO_UK, Sep 9, 2006.

  1. RO_UK

    RO_UK Guest

    Hi all,
    I hope someone can help....

    I have my exchange server 2003 running on the second domain controller
    with Windows 2003

    installed.
    My first domain controller (windows 2003) is running fine. However the
    active directory is

    corrupt on my exchange server and " I get error Directory Services
    cannot start...Error

    status Oxc00002E1.... Please click OK to shut down this system....
    http://support/microsoft.com/kb/258062 applies here.
    I have tried everything in the article but still end up with corrupt
    AD.
    I only want my Exchange server back on line so loosing AD on this
    server is no problem.
    Does anyone know how to remove AD manually or otherwise because DCPROMO
    will not run in AD

    Services restore mode and I cannot login successfuly into the server
    anyother way. If it

    helps, I have another partition that I have now install Windows 2003
    and I can access the

    original boot partition as well as the main DC
    thanks

    RO_UK, Sep 9, 2006

  2. RO_UK

    Paul Bergson Guest

    You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your best
    bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another server and
    recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove Exchange then dcpromo this
    DC.

    I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup in on
    this, check the link below.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179

    --
    Paul Bergson
    MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSi

    http://www.pbbergs.com

    Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup

    Paul Bergson, Sep 11, 2006

  3. In news:,
    Paul Bergson <pbergson@allete_nospam.com> typed:
    > You can't dcpromo an Exchange/AD server combo once on 200/2003. Your
    > best bet to recover all this is to bring Exchange up on another
    > server and recover the mailboxes to this new server. Remove Exchange
    > then dcpromo this DC.
    >
    > I'm not an Exchange expert so I have copied the Exchange NewsGroup in
    > on this, check the link below.

    The poster has several replies (one of which is mine) to this identical
    message in the m.p.windows.server.active_directory group.

    <snip>

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Sep 11, 2006
  4. RO_UK

    Guest Guest

    Re: How do I uninstall Active directory in Windows 2003 if server

    Or try umove from utools

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  5. RO_UK

    Guest, Sep 11, 2006
  6. Re: How do I uninstall Active directory in Windows 2003 if server

    In news:,
    Robbin <> typed:
    > Or try umove from utools

    I don't believe that's officially supported by MS.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Sep 11, 2006
  7. Re: How do I uninstall Active directory in Windows 2003 if serverwill not boot in normal mode?

    yenugulakishorekumar wrote:
    > When iam trying to uninstall my active directory iam getting "The server
    > is unwilling to process the request"error

    Need more information. What do you mean by "uninstall my active
    directory"?? What steps are you trying to take?

    --

    Regards,
    Hank Arnold

    Hank Arnold (MVP), May 3, 2009
  8. see:
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorg...ng-Active-Directory-_2D00_-Demoting-a-DC.aspx

    --

    Cheers,
    (HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)

    # Jorge de Almeida Pinto # MVP Identity & Access - Directory Services #

    BLOG (WEB-BASED)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/default.aspx
    BLOG (RSS-FEEDS)--> http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/rss.aspx
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
    * Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

    "yenugulakishorekumar" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4052 (20090504) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP - DS], May 4, 2009
  9. RO_UK

    jmndoza

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hi all,

    I wanna share what i got

    I have had similar problem before and, if I remember well, I tried
    restarting the server and ensured that it wasnt being accessed by the other
    controllers in the forest.

    Then I used the dcpromo /forceremoval
    which gracefully demoted the server afterwards.

    You should try and use the /forceremoval

    You could also check the internet link below:
    http://support.microsoft.com/defau [...] 99&sd=tech

    Hope this is helpful.

    for more details please visit http://www.techyv.com/questions/steps-uninstall-active-directory

    jmndoza, Oct 18, 2011