how do i type one-half in figures in word?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Forms' started by Guest, Sep 27, 2004.

    I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1 and
    quarter hour" how do i do this

    Guest, Sep 27, 2004

    Rick B Guest

    What is your question? You would just type it. Please explain what you are
    trying to accomplish in more detail.

    You said in "word". This is an Access group. Are you asking an Access
    question, or a Word question?

    Rick B

    Rick B, Sep 27, 2004

  3. (Answering the question I think you are asking)

    1 and a half hours is 1.5 hours
    1 and a quarter hours is 1.25 hours.
    5 minutes is 0.08333 (recurring) hours

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:13:02 -0700, anu
    <> wrote:

    >I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1 and
    >quarter hour" how do i do this

    Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange.
    Peter R. Fletcher

    Peter R. Fletcher, Sep 27, 2004

    In Word, the autocorrect feature should automatically
    change 1/2 to the fraction format. If it isn't set into
    autocorrect, you can do this yourself. You'll find the
    fraction characters in "insert" "symbol".

    Access also has autocorrect, but I haven't explored this
    and I don't know which types of fields and objects it
    works on.
    Regards, Keith.

    Guest, Sep 28, 2004
  5. I'm still not quite sure what he is really trying to do! I think that
    Autocorrect will only work for text (or memo) fields in Access. In any
    event, I find this particular Autocorrect feature much more trouble
    than it is worth, so I have it disabled. Generally speaking, when I
    type 1/2 or 1/4, that's what I want to see (it's part of a reference
    no or serial no).

    Peter R. Fletcher, Sep 28, 2004
  6. anu wrote:
    > I am using Office XP and want to type in figures "1 and half hours" or "1 and
    > quarter hour" how do i do this

    If you mean by using ASCII character, ½ is typed by holding down the ALT
    key and typing 0189 using the keypay (NOT the numbers above the
    letters) ¼ is achieved by ALT-0188 and ¾ is ALT-0190

    Darrell Childress, Sep 28, 2004