How do I type in the Diameter Symbol on Word ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, May 30, 2005.

    Guest, May 30, 2005

    Jay Freedman Guest

    Jay Freedman, May 31, 2005

    rderize Guest

    Paul:
    The symbol you want can be accessed one of two ways:
    1) From the Insert menu, select Symbol. You'll see a dialog box. From the
    drop-down menu, select Latin-1. The symbol is in the 7th row, 16th column
    from the left (about half-way);
    2) Press Cntrl + /o (Press and hold the Control key plus the "/" key then
    type the lower case letter "o".)

    "Paul cronk" <Paul > wrote in message

    rderize, May 31, 2005

    Dper Guest

    If you want an uppercase, hold down the ALT key and type "0216". If you
    want lowercase, hold down the ALT key and type "0248".
    Note that the lowercase "phi" is the official Diameter symbol and the
    upper case version is the null set symbol.

    --
    Dper

    Dper, Sep 26, 2006

    stevenlee

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2010
    Likes Received:
    0
    So many ways to get this symbol, I got it, thank you.

    stevenlee, Dec 4, 2010

    Ronald Stoute

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2015
    Likes Received:
    0
    Unfortunately, everyone is wrong so far. Abovementioned methods result in the capital/noncapital version of the scandinavian letter that RESEMBLES a diameter sign.

    The actual diameter sign can be acquired in Word by typing 2300 and pressing Alt + X after it.

    Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diameter#Diameter_symbol

    Or you just don't care and use the scandinavian letter because it looks almost the same. :)

    Ronald Stoute, Sep 29, 2015

    RayS

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2016
    Likes Received:
    0
    The Easiest way to add the Diameter Symbol on Word , Excel etc. is to
    Hold ALT and press 0216
    This gives Ø
    Hope that helps!

    RayS, Jul 13, 2016