How do I type a tilde above the n in outlook or word?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by Guest, Oct 31, 2004.

    How do I type a tilde above the n in outlook or word?

    Guest, Oct 31, 2004

    Roady [MVP] Guest

    Like this; ñ

    Alright, that was lame :-D

    The way characters are being typed depend on your keyboard settings. With a
    Dutch locale and a VS International keyboard characters like ~`"^' are not
    typed directly. The letter typed after that decides how it get typed. Typing
    ~ first directly following an n makes ñ. Typing " first directly followed by
    an e makes ë.

    --
    Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
    www.howto-outlook.com

    Tips of the month:
    -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

    -----

    Roady [MVP], Oct 31, 2004

    Vanguardx Guest

    "Robert" <>
    wrote in news::
    > How do I type a tilde above the n in outlook or word?

    Use the Character Map accessory. Or press and hold the Alt key while
    typing in the 4-digit decimal number for the ANSI value of the character
    (Alt+0241 for ñ).

    Vanguardx, Oct 31, 2004