    I accidently hit a button while typing. Now I overwrite exsisting text in my
    document if i try to insert a word within a sentence. How do I turn off this
    overwriting function. I am very frustrated...

    Guest, May 19, 2006

    Look down at the status bar and you'll see something that says OVR - you can
    double click this to turn off the overtype function.

    Guest, May 19, 2006

    You probably used the 0 on the number pad. This also toggles the overtype on
    and off when the num lock is off. Personally I always keep the Num Lock on so
    the figures are always available and it prevents the overtype kicking in.
    Hope this helps.
    --
    Rae Drysdale

    Guest, May 19, 2006