    automatic help system and have found nothing useful.
    Cheers
    bob

    BobW, Nov 3, 2009

  2. Are you sure they are being deleted? Could you have a view with a folder
    hiding them?
    Are you syncing with a handeld device?

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:
    mailto:

    mailto:

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Nov 3, 2009

  3. "BobW" <> wrote in message

    > The e mails in my out tray are being deleted shortly after I send them. How
    > do i stop this. The system only started doing this a few weeks ago and I
    > have
    > lost a couple of years worth of sent e mails which is very very
    > inconvienient, to say the least. My irritation with this random change in
    > the system is intense.
    > I have tried for a couple of hours to find out waht is going on using the
    > automatic help system and have found nothing useful.

    Outlook has no folder called "out tray". OIf you mean "Outbox", then that is
    supposed to happen. Outgoing messages sit in Outbox only until the outgoing
    server accepts them and then Outlook moves them to Sent Items.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

    Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook], Nov 4, 2009
  4. BobW

    wangdong Guest

    To find those mails back , you can try the data-recover tool called
    Advanced Outlook Repair. It can help to undelete the emails you delete
    by mistake. You can download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
    ..

    And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed
    information about Advanced Outlook Repair.

    Wangdong

    wangdong, Nov 20, 2009