    interactive buttons. How can I stop this from happening as it's really
    annoying and makes my website look unprofessional. Any help is gratefully
    appreciated!

    Guest, Feb 20, 2007

  2. Only happen when you preview your page on your local machine via the C:\....

    Thomas A. Rowe
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    http://www.Ecom-Data.com

    Thomas A. Rowe, Feb 20, 2007

    Mike Mueller Guest

    Is is activeX that also requires a click to activate the
    control now in IE?

    "Thomas A. Rowe" <> wrote in message
    : Only happen when you preview your page on your local
    machine via the C:\....
    :
    : --
    : ==============================================
    : Thomas A. Rowe
    : Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
    :
    : http://www.Ecom-Data.com
    : ==============================================
    :
    :

    Mike Mueller, Feb 20, 2007
  4. Depending on how it was inserted in the page, and whether using IE6, SP2 or IE7.

    But because the OP mentioned "FP Preview" you would always get the prompt when JavaScript, ActiveX
    are on a page that is being viewed from a HD.

    Thomas A. Rowe
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    http://www.Ecom-Data.com

    Thomas A. Rowe, Feb 20, 2007

    Murray Guest

    http://www.projectseven.com/support/answers.asp?id=153

    or add the "Mark of the Web" to your local files' markup (immediately under
    the Doctype, if there is one)

    <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

    --
    Murray
    --------------

    Murray, Feb 20, 2007
  6. Murray,

    That only solves the issue of running a page on your local HD via a Drive Letter, correct?

    Thomas A. Rowe
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    http://www.Ecom-Data.com

    Thomas A. Rowe, Feb 20, 2007

    Murray Guest

    Yes. Isn't that the question?

    --
    Murray
    --------------

    Murray, Feb 20, 2007
  8. Just want to be clear that it doesn't solve the issue of getting around the prompt of loading an
    ActiveX control on web page via http in IE.

    Thomas A. Rowe
    Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

    http://www.Ecom-Data.com

    Thomas A. Rowe, Feb 20, 2007