    done in Outlook?

    thanks

    Jason

    Jasonc, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Jasonc

    Jasonc Guest

    I want to prevent it from getting, but allow me to send them with that
    account, so deleting the account is not what I need to do,
    in outlook express, there was an option to stop downloading from this
    account, where is it on Outlook.

    thanks

    Jason

    "Jasonc" <NoEmail.com> wrote in message
    > in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is

    this

    Jasonc, Feb 19, 2004

  3. What version of Outlook??

    --
    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

    Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

    After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jasonc asked:

    Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook], Feb 19, 2004
  4. Jasonc

    Jasonc Guest

    Outlook 2002

    Jasonc, Feb 19, 2004
  5. Jasonc

    PhilG Guest

    Press Ctrl Alt S to go to the Define Groups window. Click on edit and a
    list of your accounts will appear on the left side. Click on each of
    these and check or uncheck the boxes for sending and receiving. This
    allows you to modify the way accounts are treated. You can set each
    account to receive only or send only or do both.

    PhilG, Feb 19, 2004
  6. Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:

    > in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how
    > is this done in Outlook?

    Tools>Send/Receive>Define Send/Receive Groups. Select your group (probably
    All Accounts). Click Edit. Select your account. Uncheck the "Receive"
    check box.
    --
    Brian Tillman
    Smiths Aerospace

    Brian Tillman, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Jasonc

    Jasonc Guest

    I can not see these menu items, in Outlook 2002.

    please advise.

    thanks again.

    Jason

    Jasonc, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:

    > I can not see these menu items, in Outlook 2002.

    When you click "Tools", what menu items do you see? Do you have friendly
    menus enabled? If so, there should be a double down-arrow at the bottom of
    the menu. Hover your mouse over it or click it to see all of the menu
    items. Now, post the entries.
    --
    Brian Tillman
    Smiths Aerospace

    Brian Tillman, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Jasonc

    Jasonc Guest

    thank you very much for all of your help today.

    regards

    Jasonc, Feb 19, 2004
  10. Jasonc <NoEmail.com> wrote:

    > thank you very much for all of your help today.

    Since you didn't post the information I requested, I'm assuming you do use
    friendly menus and that you found the entry I told you about.
    --
    Brian Tillman
    Smiths Aerospace

    Brian Tillman, Feb 20, 2004