    Recently started working on 2007 - I used to be able to split one table into
    2, just by clicking on "table" "split" - where is this command in word 2007
    as i cant seem to find it!

    flipper, Jan 30, 2008

  2. flipper

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Place the insertion point somewhere in the row where the new table should
    start. On the Table Tools Layout ribbon tab, click Split Table (in the Merge
    group).

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Also, if there are still context (right-click) menus, Split Table is usually
    on the one you get when you right-click in a table cell.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jan 30, 2008
  4. flipper

    Stefan Blom Guest

    The context menus are still available in Word 2007, but as far as I can tell
    there is no Split Table command (only Split Cells).

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Jan 31, 2008
  5. Hi Stefan,

    And as in prior versions 'split cells' isn't on the context menu if you select more than one cell. :)

    ------------------
    <<"Stefan Blom" <> wrote in message news:%23Hf$t1%...
    The context menus are still available in Word 2007, but as far as I can tell
    there is no Split Table command (only Split Cells).

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP >>
    --

    Bob Buckland ?:)
    MS Office System Products MVP

    Bob Buckland ?:-\), Jan 31, 2008
  6. ISTR adding Split Table to some of my context menus. Is it still possible to
    customize context menus in Word 2007. I assume not, since you can't
    customize anything else except the QAT; that will be a big productivity
    drain for me in tables alone, as I have added the "Vertical Alignment"
    submenu to most of the table context menus.

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jan 31, 2008
  7. flipper

    Beth Melton Guest

    Yes but only if you use VBA to customize them. It's not hard but involves
    more than drag/drop.

    On the bright side, I checked every table shortcut menu I could find and the
    Cell Alignment command (for vertical alignment) is included.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Beth Melton
    Microsoft Office MVP

    Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:
    http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/9801.aspx#AboutTheBook

    Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
    MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

    Beth Melton, Jan 31, 2008
  8. But is that the Cell Alignment command introduced in Word 2000 where you
    have nine choices? I don't want that. I want just Vertical Alignment. The
    horizontal alignment comes from my style.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Jan 31, 2008
  9. flipper

    Beth Melton Guest

    I know what you want now. Yes, it's the same Cell Alignment command. :-(

    But you can still do it in VBA and I suspect we can make it easy for you.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Beth Melton

    Beth Melton, Jan 31, 2008
  10. flipper

    Stefan Blom Guest

    Bob,

    Indeed, Split *Cell* would make more sense... :)

    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

    Stefan Blom, Feb 1, 2008