    hmoretti Guest

    I used passive writing detection on my work computer because someone showed
    me how. please help me find it on my PC

    hmoretti, Sep 25, 2009

  2. I'm not familiar with this term. What does "passive writing detection" do?
    Oh, wait, are you asking how to make Word alert you to use of the passive
    voice? If you have Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools | Options | Spelling
    and Grammar. In Word 2007, this is Office Button | Word Options | Proofing.
    Under Grammar or "When checking spelling and grammar in Word," click the
    Settings button. Among the check boxes under Style is one for "Passive
    sentences." If you check this box, then when you check grammar in Word, you
    will be alerted to use of the passive voice.

    --
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)

    Suzanne S. Barnhill, Sep 25, 2009