How do I schedule an Access Query to run automatically each day?

I need to have an access table updated with data every day. How can I
schedule an action query to run each day? This is an mdb database, not SQL
Server.

thanks in advance!

Create a macro that runs the query.
Run the macro using the Windows Task Scheduler Program or some other
scheduling app.

Using the windows task scheduler...
- add a Scheduled Task
- migrate to Microsoft Access as the program you want to run
- when you've completed the wizard, right click to view the properties of
the new task
- you'll need to add the path of your database, in quotes, to the end
of the existing string in the "Run" box.
- then, at the end of the path you just added, enter the following...
/x NameOfMacro
- it should look something like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\msaccess.exe" "C:\My Documents\MyDatabase.mdb" /x NameOfMacro
--the first part may vary depending on the version of Access
you're running--

That should do it

Jim

-Create a macro in your database that runs the action query
-Create a Task using Scheduled tasks in your windows control panel to open
you database and executes the macro (using the /x parameter), read the
details about startup parameters in your access help, the line in the task
will look like this:
"c:\MyDatabase.mdb" /x macroname

Joined
Jul 11, 2015
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"bahamareef" wrote:

> I need to have an access table updated with data every day. How can I
> schedule an action query to run each day? This is an mdb database, not SQL
> Server.
>
> thanks in advance!

Thank you brother Jim , this is a great help.
And thank you bahamareef for the question.

regards
BNSL