How do I remove the "provided by ..." branding in the IE title bar

Discussion in 'Windows XP Internet Explorer' started by Guest, Mar 24, 2007.

    How do I remove the "provided by ..." branding in the OE title bar?
    Thanks

    Guest, Mar 24, 2007

    Alan Edwards Guest

    ------IE----------
    How to Change the Internet Explorer Window Title
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q176497

    or:

    How to remove branding.
    To remove all Internet Explorer branding, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start.
    2. Click Run.
    3. Type

    rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

    and then click OK.

    4. Restart Internet Explorer.

    ----OE------------
    How to change the title text of Outlook Express. To do this, go to the
    Registry Editor, and then go to the key HKEY_CURRENT_ USER\Identities.
    After that, you should see 1 or more cryptic codes. Click on each or
    all of them to see which one says "Main Identity" on the right side.
    After that, expand it to Software\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0 and
    change "WindowTitle" to what you want it to be, probably just "Outlook
    Express."

    Sorry, because the "cryptic codes" vary per PC, there is no automatic
    change.

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:16:30 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, JT4449

    Alan Edwards, Mar 24, 2007

    Alan Guest

    In addition to what Alan Edwards mentioned, you can also go to
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to line 279.
    Use the "Change/Customize Branding in Outlook Express" tweak on the right
    hand side.

    Alan (not to be confused with Alan Edwards)

    Alan, Mar 25, 2007