    others. But I don't want it taking up space on my USB disks -- I'd rather
    all the deleted files reside on my C: drive recycle bin. How do I remove it
    from the others withut removing it from the C: drive recycle bin?

    Guest, Oct 16, 2006

    Harry Ohrn Guest

    From the Desktop right click the Recycle bin icon and select Properties.
    Select "Configure drives independently". Click Apply button. Select the tab
    for the drives you don't want to have the Recycle bin active on. Check the
    box " Do not move files ......" or move the slider to 0%. Then click Apply
    button.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    Harry Ohrn, Oct 16, 2006

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > From the Desktop right click the Recycle bin icon and select Properties.
    > Select "Configure drives independently". Click Apply button. Select the tab
    > for the drives you don't want to have the Recycle bin active on. Check the
    > box " Do not move files ......" or move the slider to 0%. Then click Apply
    > button.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell\User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Xenophile" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a recycle bin on every outboard USB drive. They seem to be yoked
    > > together -- whenever I remove a file from one it gets removed from all the
    > > others. But I don't want it taking up space on my USB disks -- I'd rather
    > > all the deleted files reside on my C: drive recycle bin. How do I remove
    > > it
    > > from the others withut removing it from the C: drive recycle bin?

    Thanks. But that still leaves a large Recycle Bin on the USB drives and
    when I delete a test file from it, the file disappears from the C: Recycle
    Bin as well. I'd like to leave them on the C: drive at least for a while.

    Also there are two files with names like S-1-5-21-746 ... in the Recycler
    Folder on my G: (USB) drive and they BOTH duplicate the one on the C: drive
    and deleting on one deletes them everywhere.

    Guest, Oct 16, 2006