    that mdw is killing me, my users do not use passwords anyways.

    Please Help!

    Anna

    Anna Predslava, Aug 8, 2006

  2. Anna Predslava

    Rick Brandt Guest

    Anna Predslava wrote:
    > I ran the MS Access 'User Level Security Wizard' on our in house
    > database. My manager did not like the users having to login. He hates
    > the login screen and wants the users to be able to access the database
    > again by simply clicking the MDB file.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to remove the users/workgroup level security?
    > that mdw is killing me, my users do not use passwords anyways.
    >
    > Please Help!
    >
    > Anna

    Open Access and login as a user with administer permissions then open your file.
    In your file grant full permissions to all objects to the Users group.

    Close Access and then open using the default System.MDW workgroup file. You
    might need to use the workgroup administrator to re-join that group first.

    Open a new empty file and then use File - Get External Data to import all
    objects from your original file. The resulting file will be identical to one
    that never had security.

    All of your users will need to rejoin System.MDW as their default if that is not
    already the case.

    --
    Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
    Email (as appropriate) to...

    Rick Brandt, Aug 8, 2006

  3. Rick,
    That did the trick. Thank you very much.
    Anna

    Anna Predslava, Aug 8, 2006