    Zone Alarm, the Office update went nicely. If any of you readers know how to
    fix Zone Alarm v.4 so it will allow updates from the MS site, I appreciate
    that as well.

    PeterM, Nov 26, 2003

  2. PeterM wrote:
    > How do I get to re-download a failed update.? When I click on
    > "update", Windows pretends I don't need any. I just failed to
    > complete a security update, and it told me that it failed.I think my
    > Zone Alarm stopped the windows XP update procedure. It stopped a
    > Office update. When I disabled Zone Alarm, the Office update went
    > nicely. If any of you readers know how to fix Zone Alarm v.4 so it
    > will allow updates from the MS site, I appreciate that as well.

    For one thing, get rid of ZoneAlarm, or any other software firewall
    for that matter, if you don't know how to use them. They are rather
    pointless, anyway. For about 40 bucks, you can get a switch/router
    with built-in firewall (I recommend the Linksys BEFSR41) that will
    serve you much better and it won't bother you with useless
    ïnformation.

    Go there http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/ossearch.asp
    and proceed to fetch your updates.

    =?iso-8859-1?B?UmVu6Q==?=, Nov 26, 2003

  3. PeterM

    PeterM Guest

    Thank you Rene (sorry for not being able to produce the accent) I will look
    into the Router. I like the idea a lot. I appreciate you a lot for this
    help.....Peter

    PeterM, Nov 27, 2003